21ST BIRTHDAY KEGGER
Real Ale is turning 21 y'all, and you're invited. We're throwing down with an old-school kegger, which means beer, rock & roll, and more beer. To celebrate, this year's anniversary beer is a throw-back to the days of old, when beer was simpler. The birthday beer - known as "21" - will be a pre-prohibition lager. Light-bodied, with a slight malt sweetness and a clean hop profile, 21 will also have a low ABV. That means that it is, most importantly, crushable.
What to expect:
- A beautiful Hill Country setting, which means breathing in the fresh air while you walk through grass, gravel, and dirt. (So wear the right shoes.)
- No need for cash - it's FREE parking, y'all!
- Some tented seating areas will be available. We recommend bringing your own chair if you want to stake out a sweet home base.
- A ridiculous amount of specialty and year round draught beer to choose from. Looking for something quick and easy? We'll also have canned beer selections, kegged water, and sodas for DDs and kids.
- Entertainment for the whole fam. The music lineup will keep your ears occupied, and the face painter or balloon maker can help with the kiddos.
- A limited-edition Real Ale 21st birthday party cup!
- Food available for purchase from some of the finest local food vendors (vegetarians/vegans, we've got you covered).
- Special (maybe surprise?) tappings throughout the day
- The party will go on rain or shine from noon to five. (Please, no early birds.)
- A good time all around. We're all here to celebrate beer, after all. Cheers!
- 11:30 - (Free!) Parking Opens
- 11:45 - Front Gates Open
- 12:00 - Bars Open
- 12:00 - Mysterium Verum Specialty Bar Opens (While Supplies Last)
- 12:30 - Music Starts
- 3:30 - Raffle Tickets Due at Merch Booth
- 4:00 - Raffle Drawing @ Music Stage
- 4:45 - Last Call
- 5:00 - Bars Close
*Tickets WILL be available for purchase at the gate, cash or card. Don't worry - you'll get in.*
If you're interested in volunteering and are already TABC certified, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music (Set times are TBD)
- Party Wizard
- Chili Cold Blood
- Tomar and the FC's
Vegetarian and vegan (some gluten-free) options will be available.
Kebabalicious - Noble Sandwich - Mighty Cone - Blanco Valley Farms - Lox, Box & Barrel
It'll be big. So big. So many beers. The best beers. All of them.
We will definitely have 21, our birthday pre-prohibition lager, plus a bunch of our year-round and specialty beers
*New this year, Mysterium Verum specialty beers will be concentrated in one of our three bars, all tapped at noon, and they'll only stay on as long as they last. Get there early, friends!
**Also, also - if you're early enough, you will have a chance to reserve yourself up to (2) first generation bottles of REAL SPIRITS, our brand-new project that's a special treat for folks who visit us in Blanco. Keep an eye out for more information.
Buying a party ticket automatically gets you a raffle ticket. You'll need to stop by the merch booth by 3:30 to drop off yours. Stay tuned for the prize (it's gonna be sweet).
We're stoked to have Fine Southern Gentlemen at the party this year, printing up party shirts for us. Details to come, friends.
We've got a little construction happening on campus, so the party will be laid out differently than you're used to. Stay tuned for a map!